In the event of heavy snow, the decision to close PCYM will take account of the safety of all our pupils and staff, some of whom travel some distance on Saturdays. We will always endeavour to open in the event of bad weather, as long as it is safe to do so.    

If PCYM is open in snow or bad weather the decision as to whether or not to send a student is at the discretion of parents. 

If there are not enough tutors to safely and effectively run all sessions, PCYM will close. We will make a decision as early as possible, and will email all parents by 7.30 am on the Saturday. If PCYM has to close unexpectedly due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to offer refunds for the day concerned. 

If PCYM does open, but extreme weather develops during the day, we will aim to remain open until the end of sessionsHowever this is not always possible when roads are becoming treacherous. In which case parents will be contacted and asked to collect their children as soon as possible. Under these conditions we will take verbal permission for their child/children to be collected by a nominated adult.  Normal lessons may be curtailed and the remaining pupils assembled in groups under the supervision of available authorised members of staff to awaiting collection.   

Staff will always make every reasonable effort to undertake the journey to PCYM. The journey may take longer than normal and therefore some staff may not be able to arrive before the normal start of their day.