PCYM – Open Day
Saturday 24th September 2016 – 9:00am – 12:30pm
Young people in Peterborough now have a wonderful opportunity to join the city’s exciting new venture for young instrumentalists and vocalists – the Peterborough Centre for Young Musicians. A collaboration between Peterborough Music Hub, and Ormiston Bushfield Academy, PCYM is delivered in association with the prestigious Guildhall School of Music & Drama and will provide a centre of excellence for talented players and singers from across the region.
PCYM opens in October, providing weekly sessions each Saturday morning during term time.
There’s a great chance to find out more about the centre, see the facilities and experience what a Saturday at PCYM will be like at the PCYM Open Day on Saturday 24th September at Ormiston Bushfield Academy, Ortongate, Peterborough, PE2 5RQ.
The day will include:
- Performances from an Ensemble of the Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- An opportunity to meet the teachers
- A series of ‘Taster Sessions’ with an instrumental workshop, singing workshop and musicianship class
- An information desk providing all the details you’ll need to decide that PCYM is right for you (typical timetables, fee information and access to bursaries for eligible students)
- Assistance with completing Application Forms, to apply to join PCYM on the day (auditions will be held during the afternoon of 24th September and prospective students can also apply through teacher reference too)
- Refreshments – a place for family and friends to wait and share the experience with you.
PCYM is open to applicants aged between 7-18 years. Potential applicants will need to register their intention to attend by completing a permission form.
On the day you will need to bring along your instrument (although Pianos and percussion will be available) and most importantly invite parents, friends and fellow musicians to come along too – all are welcome to find out what it’s all about!
For further details and relevant forms email firstname.lastname@example.org